Vegas Baby... even in a recession... it doesn't disappoint. Though this year, it had some help from Mitzi! Anyone who has talked to her lately knows that she has had a little secret she's been keeping from me for my birthday! She made it all of 8 minutes on the plane before she pulled out the surprise!
Eric Clapton Tickets! Vegas, Clapton, and staying at the Wynn??? Yeah she did good :)
The Wynn was amazingly beautiful, with fresh flowers, water features and trees everywhere. Our first night we ate at the Wynn's Stratta where we had a wonderful dinner complete with a $12 side of Mac and Cheese. But not just any Mac and Cheese... I'm talking Slap yo momma - give your left arm for - stuff yo face good!
The next day we explored the casinos along the strip, including the Venetian, Cesear's and the Bellagio. It was perfect weather and tons of fun looking at all the amazing decor in the casinos. I think our favorite was the Bellagio gardens where they had it decorated for summer. Here's Mitzi playing with one of the water fountains. Evidently, she didn't see the Do Not Touch sign and sprayed everyone with water!
That night was the big Eric Clapton concert at the MGM Grand. Dressed to kill in our Vegas Hotness... we ate at Emeril's in the MGM Grand where they had a wine menu 57 pages long! Normally, we drink wine just above the "out of the box" wine and just below "hey, look... this was on sale!"
After dinner, we made our way to the Garden Arena center (no garden in sight by the way) where Mitzi felt it necessary to drop not-so-subtle reminders to everyone around us that we had floor seats:
"Hey Will, do you think they have special bathrooms ON THE FLOOR?!?!"
"I hope they let us take our drinks DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!"
"I wonder if Eric will be able to see us, you know... since we ARE on the FLOOR"
"God I would hate to have to sit in the back with the chickens and the goats. Thank goodness we are on the floor!"
"Shouldn't they be laying palms down for us or something? I guess this carpet on the FLOOR will do."
I will admit though, it was pretty damn cool when the usher looked at our tickets and said, "No, you need to keep moving closer to the stage." 19th row, CENTER! If Eric DIDN'T see us, he was damn sure going to hear us!
To say that the concert was great would be an understatement. He is a legend, and I am so thankful Mitzi thought to do this. Here is Eric doing After Midnight...
and Layla (which was amazing!!)
The video really doesn't do a great job showing how close we really were... but this video of them leaving comes close. What a great night!
The next day was spent chilling out poolside and recovering from the night before. Dinner was the highlight when we ate at Rao's. Mitzi had been talking about this place for a long time... but I ended up winning the best meal award. How can you go wrong with big as your face meatballs?!?!!? There's a picture of Mitzi sad that I was enjoying my meal so much!! We stayed up most of the night playing Let It Ride and trying our best to break even! We had a blast.
Our last day in Vegas we hit pool again to get some last minute sun, and then the Wynn's Buffet where we grazed for 2 hours. We decided to take one last look around the hotel and found the 18th green which was just amazing. Was a great way to end the trip!
There's alot more that happened but as they say, "What Happens in Vegas... Stays in Vegas" Thanks Mitzi! You did good... you did REAL GOOD! Now, excuse me... I've got to go frame my FLOOR TICKETS!
Click below for bigger pics...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I cant believe she waited a full 8 minutes before giving you the tickets. Her self-control has really blossomed!! Glad you guys had a great time. It sounds wonderful!!!
Post a Comment